Thursday, September 5, 2013

Zero Is A Size!

Normally I shy away from controversial topics, but I can not let this one go.

With all the media attention surrounding Sophia Bushes war against Urban Outfitters, there seems to be one group who is completely left out- the people who are naturally a size 0! Do people not understand that a shirt that says "Zero Is Not A Size" is equally as hurtful as a shirt that says "Eat Less"? Not everybody who is a size zero got that way through starving themselves. Some are just born that way. Girls who are naturally extremely skinny have body image issues too! Lack of feminine curves can make a girl feel unwomanly. It makes thin girls wonder if their clothes look okay, because it is difficult for them to fill them out. What is the problem with being thin? Why is it that only curvy girls get the title of "real women?" It is not as simple as going to eat a cheeseburger. Many underweight girls would gain weight if their bodies allowed it.

Thank you for reading my rant. I'm sorry if I offended anybody, but I feel like this is really important to keep in mind.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment