Monday, July 22, 2013

Would you like come cookie with your m&ms?

I finally have a day off! I have decided to spend my day baking in order to keep myself from shopping and spending the money I need to save for college. I tried the m&m cookie recipe by Little Miss Momma. (http://www.littlemissmomma.com/2011/10/mm-sugar-cookie-recipe.html)

The recipe was super easy! The only problem I encountered on the way was purely my own dumb mistake. For some reason I thought it would be okay to substitute parchment paper for wax paper. About seven minutes into baking my first batch the oven began smoking and the whole kitchen filled with the smell of burnt plastic. I pulled the cookies out of the oven and ran to the store to get parchment paper. I transferred the half baked cookies onto a sheet with parchment paper and finished baking them. That batch turned out different looking than all of the other batches. I am a little scared to try them. I hope they aren't toxic :/

My Flour Mixture

After beating the butter and sugar


Before baking the cookies on the dreaded wax paper


On the left are the cookies baked on wax paper. The right were baked on parchment paper.
The ones on the left are flatter and shinier.

The final product!

Thanks for the recipe Little Miss Momma!!! I fully recommend it to anyone looking for an m&m cookie recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment